Understanding Confidentiality and Minor Consent
Designed for busy providers, the new Understanding Confidentiality and Minor Consent in California module was produced jointly with the Adolescent Health Working Group and includes materials that you are free to copy and distribute to your adolescent patients and their families, or to hang in waiting and exam rooms.
Handouts for Youth:
- The Truth About Confidentiality
- Youth-friendly Clinic Poster -black and white
- Youth-friendly Clinic Poster -color
- Your Health Rights and Responsibilities
- Quiz: How well do you know your health rights and responsibilities?
- Minor Consent Pocket Card
Handouts for Parents:
- Handouts from Providers to Parents Regarding Consent and Confidentiality
- Your Teen is Changing!
- Talking to Your Teen About Tough Issues
- Helping Your Teen Take Responsibility for Their Health
- Know Myself, Know My Teen
- The 5 Basics of Parenting Adolescents
- My Teen is Going to the Doctor and Not Telling Me!
This module includes:
- Charts on minor consent and confidentiality
- Practice tools
- Screening, Assessment and referral tools
- Resource sheets
- Health education handouts for teens and their parents/guardians
- Online resources and research
Updates and additions in this new edition include:
- Updated legal information
- Added resources for youth
- A new section for parents/guardians
- Information addressing issues of HIPAA and FERPA