- About Us
- What We Do
- Health Topics
- Adolescent Relationship Abuse
- Affordable Care Act
- Alcohol, Tobacco and Other Drugs
- Mental Health
- Injury Prevention
- Environmental and Occupational Health
- Foster Care
- Homeless Youth
- Juvenile Justice
- Nutrition and Physical Activity
- Reproductive and Sexual Health
- Teens & Tech/Social Networking
- Youth Development
- Health Care Delivery
- Rural Latino Adolescents
Recent News & Research
Bought & Sold: Sexually Exploited Children on the Streets of Oakland…
Commercial sexual exploitation (CSE) of a child refers to an individual under the age of 18 years who is used for the purpose of exploitation through prostitution. Extreme socio-economic and structural inequalities: including poverty, gender inequality and racism, are direct…
The Keep it Confidential website provides Minor Consent and Confidentiality information to teens and providers. http://myhealthmyinfo.org/…
Check out AHWG’s Trauma & Resilience Toolkit.
Developed by the Adolescent Sexual Health Working Group (ASHWG), these resources are specifically intended for adult providers and educators of adolescent sexual and reproductive health.
Recently updated with 2010 data, this is a collection of county-specific data about the health status of adolescents in Excel format
The ASHWG Data for Adolescent Births, AIDS and STD are now updated with 2011 data
Minor Consent and Confidentiality Workshop
Date: Friday, May 8, 2015
Place: Marina Public Library, 190 Seaside Circle, Marina, CA
Time: Registration is at 12:30 to 1:00. Presentation will be from 1:00 to 3:30 pm. Light snacks will be provided.
This workshop will provide information for service providers about demographics of homeless youth in LA County, the pathways to homelessness, legal rights of homeless youth and will highlight innovative programs to serve them.
April 16, 8:30am -4pm
Center for Healthy…
AHWG’s 12th Annual Teen and Young Adult Provider Gathering and Conference will be held on Thursday, May 14th from 8:30am-4pm at the State of California Building on Golden Gate Avenue near Civic Center in SF.
The title and focus of…
- The Forum for Youth Investment
- Protecting Adolescent Confidentiality in the Affordable Care Act
- Youth in the Margins: A Report on the Unmet Needs of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Adolescents in Foster Care Including a Survey of Fourteen sates and Proposals for Reform
- Positive Youth Development Training, San Diego, April 2013
- Minor Consent and Confidentiality Training in San Leandro – November 6, 2014